New to functional fitness training? Not sure what to expect? Fear not! We are here to shed some light on a typical class structure so you can get a better idea of what we are all about. We’ve had many questions on this topic, so hopefully this will help 🙂
Remember, if you are new to this style of training, you can try us out for one week 100% FREE of charge! A typical class will look something like this:
- All classes are 60min long
- We will always have a coach led warm-up session based on what kind of workout we will be doing that day.
- After that, we will go over the strength work programmed for the day, explain some movement patterns we’d like to see and why, go over expectations, and answer any questions you may have. A coach will be right there ensuring everyone is moving properly and offering assistance and performance tips along the way. Every movement can be scaled if need be; there are plenty of variations, so if you have an injury or any other limitations, we are more than happy to work with you, and provide ideas.
- At the conclusion of our strength piece, we will go over the conditioning portion of the class (often called a “metcon”). This is the cardio portion. You will sweat, and challenge yourself. Just as with the strength piece, we will cover the movements and expectations, discuss scaling options, and answer any questions. This could be a workout involving as many repetitions as possible within a given time, complete as many rounds as you can in a given time, complete entire list of movements as quickly as possible, and the list of variables can go on and on. It could involve pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, or jump rope, box jumps, kettlebell swings, and/or MANY other combinations. The main theme that is prevalent in nearly all the conditioning work is a time component. This method is very effective, can keep us all moving at a fair pace, and helps keep the class on track.
- Afterwards, we will often due a brief stretch and cool down before dismissing for the day.
Thats it gang! 60 minutes of fun, challenging work, and the feeling of accomplishment regardless of what time of day you come in. If there are any other questions you have we may not have touched on here, feel free to write us or drop by and ask in person 🙂
Lots of love! ❤ FCF